ERS / Erdwich Hammer Mills
Our hammer mills are the answer to the challenge of selectively shredding hard and brittle materials. Hammer mills also take the pelletization of rubbery materials – as preparation for downstream separation systems – in their stride.
A tough customer? Just so.
ERS / Erdwich hammer mills are especially suited to metal, electrical and electronic scrap or swarf from steel or aluminum – and many other materials besides. Simple adjustability during operation also makes short work of the pelletization of non-ferrous metals. The final fragment size is variable and can be changed during operation. That’s also a great example of the product’s flexibility in catering to a wide range of applications.
- Extremely hard-wearing, separate grinding elements and inner lining – replaceable
- Fully-enclosed construction, dust-tight construction guaranteed by special shaft and housing seals, plus corresponding extraction points
- Mechanical overload protection with emergency reject mechanism in case of solid materials and contaminants
- Housing wall pivots hydraulically to enable easy access for maintenance and inspection work
- Inert atmospheres possible using nitrogen or other gases
- Application-specific drive and grinding element models
- PLC control unit with automated power down and optional frequency-driven motor speed controller
The flexible design of the rotor-stator principle, adapted to the different materials being processed, can be installed both for the breaking-up of materials and as ball-forming machine, offering therefore a wideranging scope of applications:
- Processing of electronic waste as a preliminary stage or a subsequent stage after the customary ripper technology
- Processing of aluminium profiles and composite materials
- Preparation of shredder light fraction for subsequent separation
- Recycling of printed circuit boards, IC components and small electronic equipment
- Grinding of non-ferrous composite materials with subsequent ball forming
- Processing of large-volume metal swarf
- Preparation of tyre wires for subsequent separation of rubber and iron
- Slag processing
- and much more...